All of our services are offered in English and Spanish and FREE and CONFIDENTIAL. The fathers of the babies and/or other important support people are always welcome!
When you walk through the doors of one of our two centers you will be greeted by someone who is ready to serve you with compassion, provide you with accurate information and listen to your concerns.
- Pregnancy testing by qualified nurses.
- A limited ultrasound exam with pregnancy confirmation.
- Caring staff and volunteers who will help you make an informed decision, that is completely confidential.
- Help and assistance for post-abortion clients.
- Support throughout your pregnancy.
- Support post pregnancy.
- Adoption support.
- Community referrals as needed.
- Help applying for Medicaid, Food Stamps, Etc., if needed.
- Meeting with parents, boyfriends, husbands or others to promote support and understanding.
Our Classes include:
- Healthy eating
- The stages of pregnancy
- Childbirth and labor
- Finances and budgeting
- Caring for baby
- Car seat safety
- Making homemade baby food
- Breastfeeding and/or formula feeding
- Birth planning
- Educational goals and plans
- Adoption education
We provide diapers, wipes and other baby essentials, as well as new and gently used baby clothes in our client store. The items in our store are given at the discretion of the staff of North River Care and can also be earned, by the clients, by way of attendance, participating during classes and completion of assignments given.